Guidelines For Whether To Keep or Reschedule Your Appointment
The doctors and staff at Blountville Family Eyecare desire to keep you, your families, and our entire staff safe during these unprecedented times and the outbreak of COVID-19 safe.
To that end and in compliance with the latest CDC guidelines for patient and staff safety, the following measures are being implemented.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding and compliance in ensuring that all are kept safe and healthy.
Due to recent reports of community spread of COVID-19, we have decided to postpone all routine eye exams.
This is out of an abundance of caution to protect patients and staff. We are still here for you if you have an eye emergency, break or lose your glasses, or need to reorder your contact lenses. If you have an emergency please call or text the office for further instructions.
We truly have the best patients and hope that you and your family stay well during these difficult times.
Please Follow the following guidelines for EMERGENT EYE PROBLEMS:
Are You Most At Risk For Contracting COVID-19?
- If you have an emergent eye care need AND you are among those at most risk for contracting COVID-19 (Age >60 years old, underlying immunocompromised conditions such as diabetes, autoimmune disease, cancer, etc.) PLEASE CALL US TO SCHEDULE A TIME THAT WILL MOST PROTECT YOU AND ALLOW US TO CARE FOR YOUR EYE CARE NEEDS.
- If you are not most at risk for contracting COVID-19 and have an eye care problem, please call our office to discuss the problem and schedule the best time to be seen.
WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT VISIT THE OFFICE FOR AN EYE CARE PROBLEM WITHOUT FIRST CALLING IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE A SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING
GUIDELINES FOR VISITING OUR OFFICE DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
The following office guidelines for routine eye exams at Blountville Family Eyecare go into effect on Monday 3/23/2020 and will remain in effect until we are directed to do otherwise by state, federal, or local officials.
Arriving for your scheduled eye exam:
- Please do not bring ANY ONE, including children, with you to your eye exam unless you are in need of assistance and then, only, bring one caregiver. ALL OTHERS WILL BE ASKED TO REMAIN IN THEIR VEHICLE DURING YOUR EXAM.
- Please wait in your car UNTIL YOU APPOINTED TIME. If you arrive early or are going to be late, PLEASE CALL OR TEXT OUR OFFICE to make arrangements.
- Present yourself to the front door at your appointed time and a member of our staff will allow you entry and escort you to the exam room for your eye exam.
What About My Already Ordered Eyeglasses or Contact Lenses?
- If you currently have glasses or contact lenses out on order, we will arrange for curbside pick up or shipping it to you.